Black Rose Clam Chowder Recipe
Try your hand at making our award-winning clam chowder for a delicious treat at home!
Pick up these ingredients;
- 3 oz chopped applewood smoked bacon
- 1 onion, cut into ½ inch dice
- ¼ pint dry white wine
- 6oz butter cubed
- 4oz plain flour
- 2-pint fish stock or clam juice
- 3 large red bliss potatoes, cut into ½ inch dice
- 8 oz chopped clam meat
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or dried dill
- ¼ pint cream
- ¼ pint milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Now, you'll have your favorite Clam Chowder after these 8 easy steps!
- Sauté the bacon over medium heat and after 2 minutes, then add the onion and continue to sauté both for 4 min.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine scraping up the “good bits”
- Add the butter and once melted gradually add the flour and continue to stir.
- Add the fish stock or clam juice
- Add potatoes and clams, bring to a low boil and reduce to simmer for 15-20 min (Potato should not be overcooked)
- Add Dill, continue to simmer for 2-3 min
- Add Cream & Milk bring back to a simmer and season to taste with salt & pepper
- We saved the most important step for last, serve with Black Rose Soda Bread and a perfectly poured pint of Guinness!